The foundation for successful leaders
MSc / Postgraduate Certificate
Transform your management skills with a qualification from one of the UK’s leading universities.
Delivered 100% online, our Engineering Management course offers you the flexibility to benefit from a stand-out learning experience without the need to take a career break. With our premium online course, you’ll join a global network of Engineering professionals interacting in virtual social spaces and you’ll take part in interactive and live sessions with our expert academics.
Our Masters course is much more than a generic MBA. It’s designed and taught by experienced engineers, drawing on tailored case studies from a wide range of engineering sectors. The course will advance your existing engineering knowledge, and provide you with specialist skills and management expertise.
Delivering an academic experience equivalent to that of an on-campus student, our Engineering Management course provides the knowledge and know-how needed to turn you into the leader you’ve always aspired to be.
“Throughout the course, you will see how important the role of the Engineering Manager is in leading change in businesses and organisations, helping to build a more productive and sustainable global society”
PROFESSOR IAN ROBERTSON, PROGRAMME LEADER
Which course is right for you?
We offer a Masters course in Engineering Management as well as a Postgraduate Certificate pathway. Our Masters is globally-recognised and provides in-depth knowledge on business and management strategies in the industry. The Postgraduate Certificate is a gateway to the full Masters. Both awards are taught at the same academic level, and cover the same core business modules, as well as our flagship module – Managing Major Engineering Projects.
- Two to four-year course
- Nine taught modules + research project
- Chartered Management Institution accreditation
- Apply with a bachelor degree with a minimum 2.2 (Hons) in engineering, physical sciences or related engineering or tech discipline. If your degree is in an unrelated engineering discipline you will need three years’ work experience in an engineering environment.
- Unique and industry-relevant modules including: Emerging and Disruptive Technologies, Engineering Management Project
- Ideal for: deepening your knowledge, enhancing your career opportunities.
- Eight months to two-year course
- Four taught modules, no requirement to complete a research project
- Chartered Management Institution accreditation
- Apply with a bachelor degree in engineering, physical sciences or related engineering or tech discipline, adequate and relevant professional qualifications if you’re a non-graduate or three years’ work experience in an engineering environment if you don’t meet the formal requirements.
- Managing Major Engineering Projects module option, offering a strong foundation in high-level project management strategies for engineering
- A stepping stone to the full Masters course
- Ideal for: quickly progressing or upskilling.
“We pride ourselves in supporting students with the integration into their online learning communities. No matter what work or life challenges they might face outside of their studies, we are always here to listen and have confidence that we can assist students in overcoming obstacles and helping them get over the finish line”
ABIGAIL BEASTALL, STUDENT SUCCESS MANAGER
Benefits of studying online
Online study is the most flexible learning option, allowing you to fit your studies around your life and career. You’ll study the course via our virtual learning platform, Minerva, which can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The platform is mobile friendly which means you can access materials on the move, and we provide downloadable PDFs to enable offline course reading when required.
Learning online with us doesn’t mean studying alone. You’ll have the chance to build a strong global network by engaging with peers in our virtual social spaces. Your learning will be more than pre-recorded video content – our expert academics conduct weekly live sessions for an interactive learning, so you’ll be able to fit your study around your schedule.
Our online course offers a world-class learning journey, and is tailored to provide an academic experience equivalent to that of an on-campus student. You’ll have access to a range of interactive and collaborative materials, from videos and interactive surveys, to subject-specific electronic journals.
January 2020 start / 10 December 2019
March 2020 start / 11 February 2020
May 2020 start / 14 April 2020
July 2020 start / 23 June 2020
September 2020 start / 18 August 2020
November 2020 start / 20 October 2020
All suitably qualified candidates will be interviewed by telephone or online as part of the selection process.
Why choose Leeds?
We are one of the top 100 universities in the world and ranked 15th in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2020). We were awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017, proof of our consistently outstanding teaching, learning and student outcomes.
Our Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences is one of the top engineering groupings in the UK, demonstrated by our excellent rankings:
- School of Civil Engineering – Ranked 2nd in the UK, and is in the top 100 globally (Guardian University league tables 2020, QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019)
- School of Mechanical Engineering – Top 5 in the UK (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- School of Chemical Engineering – Top 10 in the UK and in the top 100 globally (Guardian University league tables 2020, QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019)
- The School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering – Top 5 in the UK for research quality and 100% of research outputs ranked as ‘world-leading’ (Research Excellence Framework, 2014)